With the weather being so perfect and our approaching pumpkin carving party at the Fenter's house, we needed to get our pumpkins...I've also been dying to get D to the pumpkin patch. So off we went...a little later than planned. So of course, on our way there D fell asleep in the car.
Being I was determined to get a pumpkin and have this outing before next weekend we went anyway. He woke up by the time we were in the parking lot. He loved the pumpkins. He would run around them, push them, roll them, and somewhat toss the little one's off the trailer. Uh Oh!
We picked the hayride over the train ride. The boys were so serious on the entire trip. Of course the bad mom I am, I forgot sunblock. I didn't think it would be that bad, but boy oh boy his face was red tonight! Then we finally got to pick out our pumpkins. We think we picked the right one for Elmo's face and Daddy's skeleton. We shall see...that's for next weekends excitement!
Of course, I am not sure what was in the water today but D was very clumsy. We were at the store looking for some jeans that he desperately needs and low and behold he was running by and tripped and fell and hit his eye(brow) on one of the displays. Poor boy, I know that had to hurt. I was worried, it immediately turned purple and popped out. He finally calmed down but sure enough at the next store he hit the same eye on the handle of the shopping cart. He was not having a good second part of the day.
We all took a two hour nap and headed out for a bike ride. Needless to say we didn't get anything done productive around the house today but it was a great family day...besides the sunburns, bumps, bruises and tears!





No comments:
Post a Comment