So...we didn't get a chance this year to sit down and carve all of our pumpkins at the Fenter party...so we did a little throughout the week. Dylan thought it was neat to watch, but not neat to get his hands dirty...one time of sticking his hands in the gunk and he was over that. He would much rather play with the "tools".
_20091018_086.JPG)
_20091018_085.JPG)



He did however help me...or try to help me put the potato head parts on his pumpkin. I had a hard enough time that we had to have assistance from Daddy.
We finally finished our pumpkins the day before Halloween...and they actually turned out pretty good. I think the trick is to put them in the refrigerator, they get easier to carve!
Of course from transition from the outside refrigerator to the house...the pumpkin made a pit stop and Titan decided he wanted in on the fun and ate the back half of my pumpkin! Of course that meant I had dog hair all over the pumpkin and there was no such luck putting the lid on because it just fell through. 
I think the help from the grandparents helped too...by the time Halloween rolled around everyone was commenting on how great they looked...along with our decorations. Daddy and I had made our yard signs a while back but had never finished our tombstones.
Well...a little time and creativity from Papa John and Cuckoo Grammy...we finished them, wet paint and all. But it added a nice touch we couldn't have done ourselves.
Oh and we can't forget the fact that the boys let us paint their faces...and can I say no alcohol was involved? (I promised I wouldn't upload the picture...see how nice I am?)





No comments:
Post a Comment