We had our first scare of the Pig (Swine) Flu this past weekend and it wasn't fun.
I knew something wasn't right when Daddy called me at 6 o'clock on a Friday night to tell me they wouldn't be meeting me for dinner...rather we would get takeout. D had a 100.8 fever.
At first we thought it was teeth. He has some new teeth coming in and he has been tugging at his ears. He ran a low grade fever all weekend...so Tylenol and the sorts at night but during the day it was manageable in the 99's.
So that meant for a weekend for us all to relax. Well, by Sunday we thought we would get out and run some errands when he woke up from his nap. He woke up fine, had his juice and was playing with the dogs. We loaded up the car and off we went...well we made it maybe, maybe a 1/2 mile down the street and we both commented how he looked like a deer in the headlights!
Next thing I know...he got sick all over the backseat of my car. Crying and all...we were a mess. We pulled over to strip him down and a nice man stopped to see if we needed anything. Being we were so close to the house I was not about to put him back in that car seat. So he rode in my lap...yes I am that mom!
I was starting to get worried and I think Daddy was too. His temperature rose to 102.5. We couldn't get the doc to call us back and he was having a hard time keeping water down. His eyes started rolling in the back of his head and he was very lethargic. I started to pack up the bags to go to the hospital...to have the on call doctor tell us to call in the morning and he was fine. Seriously? That is all you are going to tell me? Oh and you are going to tell me it might be an ear infection? We have been through our fair share of ear infections and this was not an ear infection. It was a good thing daddy was on the phone and not me!
We luckily got his fever to go down...and he was very sleepy after that. But everything was calm, cool and collected at least for the time being. What an altered afternoon it was.
Sure enough he went to the doctor the next day and his ears are fine, and he didn't have the flu. Guess it was stomach bug or a UTI. I have to say it was the first time I really was worried about this darn piggy flu!
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment