I can't really say much about the BIG 3-0! I mean, I feel older but I don't. And really, these days it's more fun to celebrate the child's bday than it is your own. Especially when all your friends seem to have something going on.
I had my fun with an entire day with the boys at the rodeo the day before. And yes, it would have been great to have a big bash, 80's style to commensurate the year I was born. But those are all hopes, wishes and just all out party. It's not really us these days. We are low key, quaint and it's great to just get to hang out with those that mean the most to you.
So, what else do you do on a big birthday like turning 30? Well, I cleaned the house. Sounds fun, huh? I guess. It needed to be done so it was done. It was a rainy and groggy day anyway so it wasn't like we could get out and do anything anyway.
D was a ham as usual, and he and Daddy woke up early to make me breakfast. After D's nap I wanted to go to the park and feed the ducks and just walk around. So we did just that, but it was chilly outside. All bundled up we went and had fun, until it started to rain again. So we went shopping for D for some shoes at the mall to pass time until we met my Mom for dinner.
Dinner was great! We had fun and it was just right. I got a peach Bellini...Yummy! Of course what more than to remember that the Oscar's are on your bday, so we went to visit Grandad and Nina after dinner. It was a long day even though it was UN-eventful and the dude was wiped out.
Another year older, not bad if you ask me. I just can't believe how time flies?! Seems like just yesterday we were partying it up on 6th street for my 21st bday. Wow...now I feel old! j/j :)





No comments:
Post a Comment