Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Eve - Christmas #1

Christmas sure came fast this year! But I do have to say it was really nice to have the two days before Christmas off, finally! And what a difference it made! I was able to relax (sort of) and just enjoy the season, the year and the special times with our family. We were able to bake, and just hang out and have fun with our lil guy.

We ended up going to an early church service so we could get home for dinner at a reasonable hour. But that sure didn't D. He was up until 10:30 on major toy overload and it was only the beginning!


Nana had come over to have dinner with us and celebrate our Christmas with her. It was a great introduction to what Christmas was going to be like with D. From the first present she put down he was tearing the paper off to see what was inside (like he had been doing it for years). There was no act of trying to persuade him to do it, it was all him. And I have to say...I am kind of bummed I don't have more picture of him facing the camera. I always got his back or the top of his head! Ugh!

He got lots of presents from Nana, including a toy train set...and my oh my you would have thought the world was going to end if we didn't get it out the box right then and there. Daddy thought he could wait until the morning but D insisted and then of course didn't want to go to bed.
From cars to guitars, train sets, colors and coloring books...you name it he got. Of course the night could not go off without a hitch without him getting hurt. He bummed his head pretty hard on the table and bruised up right away. But choo choo to the rescue, he was healed!


After he finally went to bed we got the last minute presents together (meaning Daddy had to put together his wagon) and I had to get the cookies and milk ready for Santa.

It was a great night and we enjoyed spending it with Nana...but man it went by too quickly!

No comments:


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner