Is that what they say?
_20091128_032.JPG)
_20091215_001.JPG)
_20091215_002.JPG)
_20091220_008.JPG)
I was sure this year he was going to like Santa, being we had practiced over and over learning his name so we wouldn't be scared when we did see him. But boy oh boy was I wrong.
The 1st visit was a bit of shocker. He wasn't feeling well that day, and we kind of just plopped him down with no warning. He was ok for that split second, then well he wasn't a happy camper. But all in all, I think this shot was decent.
The 2nd visit was a bit of a surprise too. We actually were leaving from his Christmas school program for school. And Santa was actually walking up to surprise the kids. After peaking in the window watching all the kids run up to Santa, I asked Dylan..."Do you want to go see Santa"...I got the head nod and a whispered yes. So we went inside. The moment he saw him, he clanged to me like he hasn't in months/year! But I was certain he just didn't know what he wanted....so we waited in line to see him. Well...he didn't want Santa.
But of course the moment Mommy had him he wanted Santa...so we attempted another shot...and well this time the moment the camera snapped he wasn't happy.
The 3rd visit was his official visit for the season. We had his cute little Christmas outfit on and we were ready. Daddy waited in line and we tried to let him see everyone walk up with no problem. We kept telling him, Santa wants to see you. He would nod his head. Through our minds we were trying to think of the best possible hand off. Do you let him walk up to Santa on his own? Do we walk him up? Do you do the traditional hand off and try to snap that shot? Well, here is how it ended up...and of course the the one we got from the photographer there, he actually wasn't crying...just a deer in a headlight look.
Did we traumatize our child? I sure hope not! He was all about blow up Santa's in the yards and Santa in his books, but the real Santa...not so much! Maybe next year?!





No comments:
Post a Comment