When you hear there is a possibility of snow in Houston, you think "ah, ok...I'll believe it when I see it"! But this was lots of snow...and apparently us lucky people (in the north area) didn't get as much as the folks in south Houston! Go figure! It's supposed to be colder and wetter, but that never happened.
Anyway, can't complain! It was great. I had the day off, and in hopes to get stuff done around the house to get all the Christmas decorations out...nothing happened. We took our time in the morning getting D to school, and I actually went to ride my horse! Yes, I am the crazy one who was riding out in the 26 degree weather! But really...when I was riding, it wasn't that bad...and I wasn't the only one out there. Go figure, they say horse people are crazy. Poor Cody, he was a trooper and continued to stand there and drink his coffee! It was good for all of us!
Who all the while had a blowout on the coldest day of the year and only had shorts for backup clothes! What great parents we are?! When we arrived to pick him up it was the cutest thing, all the kids were at the back door saying "snow"! yep, they wanted outside to go play, but little did they know the parents probably would be furious if their kids were out in the snow. Not me, we couldn't get home fast enough to get him changed and out the door.
Just in time, we got outside and played for about 5 minutes and it stopped! boo! I wanted it to last longer. It sure did give us a taste of what it will be like in Tahoe with D. He could care less his hands were so cold they felt like they were about to fall off. He watched every snowflake fall to the ground, tried to pick it up...and eat it all before melting.
Love it! First time it has snowed that early in December in many many years. We enjoyed it, that's for sure!





No comments:
Post a Comment