Friday, January 29, 2010

Sick and tired...

We have been very fortunate in that ever since we have had tubes in those little ears of D's that he has not been sick (with ear infections, colds, etc). So when he wasn't sleeping well, started to get dark circles under his eyes...I knew something was coming.


Sure enough we take him to the doctor, to our surprise to get to see the nurse practitioner who said all the gunk that was in his eye (I was paranoid it was pink eye), that it was just a sinus infection. So onto antibiotics we went. The antibiotics started to help right away...green cleared up and he seemed to be sleeping better.


Until, the stomach bug hit not even a week later. And it was a nasty bug that was later caught by Daddy and I. But with him it was bad. He wouldn't eat, he had a fever and he just plain didn't want to do anything. My little cuddle bug...I miss that but sure hate when he is sick. The doctor took a look at him and his sinuses were better to stop giving him the antibiotic that was probably hurting his stomach bug issue.


So off the medicine we went and almost 48 hours the dude was back to normal. Full of energy, like nothing every happened. That's always the case right? Yeah, well too bad the day he felt better was the day that Daddy and I were sick at the same time. When does that happen? NEVER. It was quite a challenge and well I have to say that our boy saw more TV and colored more in his high chair that day than he has his entire life! Wow. That was an experience. Thank you Grandma B for going to the store for us and getting us all of our goodies we felt like we needed to survive and well the surprise for D to make him want to "color" more. I think it took us almost 4 days to get back to normal with lack of sleep and well keeping up with him.


Sure enough though, not even by Monday he had the green stuff again. So we kept his follow up appt. and the doctor ended up putting him back on antibiotics. Said the sinus infection was back. This time 15 days of antibiotics and start him on Zyrtec. What? Really? For 4-6 weeks. See if that helps is what he said. hmm...ok. I guess they might think it is allergies.

I tell you what, we sure can't wait for this month to be over and to say goodbye to all the germies...I sure have cleaned the house up and down, but it has been one thing after another.

Are you tired yet from reading this post?

No comments:


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner