Ok, seriously...has it really already been a month since our lil monkey turned one? Where does the time go?!
Well...in this past month he has developed into a very opinionated, independent, talkative toddler!
He weighs 22lbs 12oz and is 30" tall. Really, already? He's starting to chunck up a bit now (he had lost so much when he started crawling b/c he was everywhere)...and the dude can eat and he will let you know when he is hungry too...he's just a growing boy we can't complain!
Words: Mama, Dada, Daddy, outside, dog, whee (pronounced "hee")
Things he likes: to eat in general, beep beep, his one and only lonely bottle a day, chasing Gunnar through the house, his walker, his golf clubs, to throw balls, acting kooky delirious on Sundays, playing outside with friends in the cul-de-sac, turning on and off the computer, anything with blue or orange lights, the broom, the squeegee, using paper towel or sock to wipe down a surface,
Food he likes: grilled cheese, quesadillas, any and all fruit...especially watermelon, bananas, Mandarin oranges, mango, juice in his sippy cup, yogurt and cottage cheese.
His dislikes: Pot Roast, Whole Milk, and the kicker when you take something away from him. Oh wait did I forget to mention anything on his hands that make them "dirty". How did this child become such a clean freak?
Developmental Milestones:
He is not yet walking, but would rather walk assisted than crawl. If you try to assist him to walk, but aren't holding his hands, he will grab your hands and shoot them straight up in the air for support. He now likes to walk just holding onto one hand. And is doing much better about standing with his balance, but most of time only if he is concentrating on something or has something in his hand.
He claps, points and will grasp his hands and move them up and down. Not sure what he is doing, I like to tell him he is praying (b/c that is what it looks like), but who knows what his thoughts are!
While eating, if he is all done, he will put his sippy cup on the designated spot on the tray and pulls his hands back grabbing his belly...as if that is his way of saying "I'm done" or "I'm full"!
Oh yeah, he has 8 teeth! I think two more on the top are coming in, especially after the few nights of uncontrollable crying. We will just have to wait and see when and where they pop through.
The biggest accomplishment this month, but lasted only a few days is when asking him "where is your belly button" he would stop in his tracks to pull up his shirt and grab his belly button. Cutest thing ever!
I need to start writing all this info down so I don't miss a thing, there is so many new things everyday and sometimes multiple things in a day for days at a time...so it is hard to remember. One would think, I won't forget about that...but for some reason this mind over here...does! :(





No comments:
Post a Comment