Monday, May 4, 2009

What a weekend...


It was a long eventful weekend...I'm just sad they are too short! Where does the time go?


It started off trying to sell some of my Mary Kay stuff at a garage sale. I have so much "on the shelf" that I need to just get rid of it and order what I need when people want it. Of course I had some clothes to get rid of and some nick knacks around the house. Needless to say, I stayed up late on Friday and got up way to early on Saturday.


After the garage sale we headed to the Hurricane Ike crawfish boil and BBQ at the Rooker's house. Their house was almost or basically destroyed in the Hurricane and this was a party to celebrate them moving back into the gorgeously remodeled home. It was really nice to hang out in their backyard and enjoy the day. The boys (Braden and Dylan) hung on the blanket and played with their toys and wanted nothing more than to crawl into the beds...not sure why...I guess boys will be boys and they want to get their hands "dirty". Oh boy!


After their we decided to go swimming at a friend's house. After the boys had their cat naps and dinner, it was time to swim. But of course the pool sounded great when we were sweating in the heat of the day (is it really getting that warm already, 90 this week?)...but by the time we got in there was a breeze and the boys got cold quick! After we had dinner and put them down we were able to hang out and enjoy some "grown up" time...did I really just say that???


Sunday was leisure day...we ran some errands and went for our bike ride. I think we had dejavu of "deliriously cooky Sunday"! That boy just thought we were hilarious when we were driving home from the store...what is up with that? It's the best...one day I will get it on video!


oh and one more thing...I am going on a "use everything plastic" in our house. The dude decided he wanted to grab an ad off the kitchen table...in which had a glass bowl full of his veggies in them. Needless to say...we were up late last night cleaning our kitchen. (I couldn't have him crawling on that floor without getting it squeaky clean!)

No comments:


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner