On the last night in Tahoe we all went out for our traditional Mexican celebration, Chevy's...my favorite! With every minute that passed by the snow got bigger and bigger and fell harder and harder. It was so pretty to watch as I sipped on a yummy strawberry margarita!
_20100226_118.JPG)
_20100226_126.JPG)
_20100226_133.JPG)
_20100226_157.JPG)
_20100227_163.JPG)
We had caught news that yet another storm was blowing in. And that it was bad and they would require chains or snow tires on any car that was coming to or leaving Tahoe...of course on the roads that were open.
Yep, you guessed...what did that mean? Oh that upgrade to a 4x4 vehicle...might have been worth it! Were we going to get stuck in Tahoe, what was going to happen. Daddy went out at about 10 o'clock at night trying to find chains for our measly little Hyundai Sonata. It took a while but he came back feeling pretty confident. But then he starts to tell me the trials and tribulations he had to go through to get the chains and then put them on the car. I was ok, but I could tell he was worried!
We woke up bright and early to make sure we had enough time to get to Reno in case we had to drive slower or if conditions were really bad. Well, that snow that was falling the night before...had continued to fall all through the early morning. We packed up our bags and got to the car and this is how it looked. Not so bad if you ask me...but then when it was time to put that car into motion...boy oh boy I could see the flames come across Daddy's face!
As D is just munching away on his banana and his waffles, Daddy quickly pulls over to the side of the road. I am not sure I can quite explain the sound and the uneasiness...but it was not good. He tucked in the little tails on the chains off we went (with a little courage from our dear 6'8" friend). Oh and did I mention that the chains that were on our little car were for a small truck? yep, that meant the chains were too big.
As we drove down the road, I tried to stay positive and look on the bright side. But that is really hard to do at 6 o'clock in the morning with an awful thumping, clanking and repetitive beating to the car that come from under neath the wheel wells. Wow, we really drove 20 mph down a road that normally takes us 45 mins...took us almost an 1 1/2. It was bad. But at the first sight of the road not being iced over, Daddy took them off! Wow, it was like music to my ears...
In the midst of all of that I took some rather interesting and I think pretty neat pictures. What else can you do to get your mind off of the horrible sound for an hour? It was amazing to see how the road was completely iced over, I mean white! I kept looking for that black ice...nope all white! Pretty but I was amazed at how fast these people drove on it!
When we finally go to the airport we were just ready to get home. And to our luck, we got an entire row of seats to ourselves! Perfect ending to a trip. D thought he would be a big boy and sit int he seat himself, and then bounce from Mommy and then to Daddy. But it was so cute. He wanted to be a "big boy". Sad to say but this was our last trip having to not pay for a ticket for him. We tried to soak in it for all its worth!
He was yet again a wonderful passenger and an absolute angel!
It was back to reality and well...time to get back on schedule. We were luckily greeted from Grandma at the airport who took us home so we could go pick up our furry children! Who had the best time at Grandpa's. We can't thank everyone enough for all their help and support to make this trip happen! We love all of you! Until next year...it's time to break out the shorts! :)
Schedule all out of whack!





No comments:
Post a Comment