I love spring time! I love to get the yard back into shape from the winter and I love to plant flowers and have the beds all looking fantastic. It just makes the home feel more like "home". I love it!
So, I walk in from work today (knowing we had to get dirt to mulch the beds prior to the party) to D telling me "Tractor, dirt", "Tractor, dirt in truck" and keeps making these alligator hands motions. I just wasn't getting it. Then he insisted we go outside, so we did...then he showed me what was in daddy's truck..."DIRT", "tractor, dirt - truck"!
Oh now I get it! How could I not?! Thank goodness for Daddy's truck working!!! We didn't have to buy 30 bags....phew!
So we spent the rest of the evening spreading the mulch in the beds (too bad we need another load)!
So we spent the rest of the evening spreading the mulch in the beds (too bad we need another load)!
D insisted that he help with every aspect. I was a little dirty as well, so I couldn't get as many pictures as I would have liked...but the dude had a great time. Of course after we would put the dirt down and move it around he would pick it up and throw it. Um...no. We don't do that...but how do you get that across to a 2yr old who is having a blast being a boy?!
_20100406_002.JPG)
He pulled around his new cart with dirt in it, pushed the rake, swept, attempted the shovel and squealed when you took it away. We finally had to shred all our clothes and go inside...and to daddy's surprise he grabbed the lacrosse stick from the garage and walked around with it for the rest of the night! Wow, a natural!
And of course, the rest of the night and in the bath tub we heard "Tractor, Dirt in Truck" and would mimic the movements of the Tractor. (Of course b/c he went with daddy to have the dirt put in the truck). He'll be talking about that for days!





No comments:
Post a Comment